Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

DD's wedding colors

Beach wedding. I spent hours trying to put together email with Pantone (print) colors vs DMC colors for her. The email is somewhere in cyberspace. I stopped by LNS to look at silks and ended up with Soie d'Alger #113 and 123.


Of course neither of the above look exactly like the actual color, but gives the idea. Seeing as how she's since decided to use a rose red as an accent color, she picked out a red for her cake table cloth and decided on a dark blue for her table toppers ... My immediately thought was RED WHITE BLUE, and started to mention those will overwhelm her pastels. Rental houses don't have anything like the above colors except for bright turquoise or sea mist(too green). I've looked online, but nothing. I may look for plain polyester weave fabric and see if I can find anything closer for about the same price as renting. Suggestions appreciated!! She took home a Key Lime Cheesecake from a local bakery to try out as her wedding cake. It's going to be large single cheesecake on top of tier of tower, then individual slices on the lower tiers. I'm going to try to talk her out of luminaria along the aisle as well. I can envision pants legs and kids on FIRE! ACCKKKK!!!

No comments:

Photobucket