Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, November 23, 2009

After spending part of Saturday assisting at the newest class for our Citizens Emergency Response Team, including an outdoor disaster exercise (I declined to be moulaged - made up to look injured) which was cut short when a trainee had a real emergency and was taken by ambulance (eventually) to hospital, I stopped by Stitch Niche (my local LNS) to give Kathy a copy of the Be Grateful freebie (scroll down). I stitched the less hectic variation while watching Christmas movies Saturday night on 14ct Fiddler's light using a single DMC Color Variations thread - 4090 (left), I  think. I don't keep up with those numbers. Took longer than it should because I started with 3 strands, then dropped back to 2, then frogged and went back to 3. Haven't stitched with 3 strands in a long time. It also would have been quicker except I realized about 1/2 way through "Be Grateful"  I was off 1 stitch starting the B so  had to frog and start over. Good grief! Looks okay, but would be better in darker shades - maybe GAST Autumn Leaves? (right) Don't know what I'll do with it. Sure wish my camera was working!!

No comments:

Photobucket