Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1989 Santa Progress & Some others

JBW Angel for my cousin
I made a special trip to my thankfully nearby LNS yesterday to get 844 and 610 to finish the 1989 Santa. She's increased her DMC price to 65 cents - still less than the 10 mile RT drive to Hobby Lobby or Joann's.
JBW Tree
PS Santa

These others are stitched 1 over 1 on 28ct opalescent Jobelan. My cousin is undergoing treatment following a recent mastectomy. Her favorite color is purple. I'll finish it as a small ornie. I'm also covering a travel pillow with a purple themed flannel to send as well. The small Santa will be finished into a 1-1/2" ornament (similar re the Joy-Love-Peace Tree) for the counter-top Christmas tree my DD displays in her bathroom. I originally gave her the tree and several 1-1/2 to 2" cross-stitched onries (18ct-22ct) in 1990 for her dorm room. If you look closely you can see a stain running diagonally upper left to lower right across the small Santa. I stitch sitting on my bed watching TV. I had set my cup of maybe 3 or 4 sips worth of water on the window sill over the end of my bed. ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN :( I had some of my stitching in various ziplock bags (except for one bubble-wrap-interior shipping envelope in which I was still "safely" storing the fabric) in a box under the window. Naturally, when I left the room for a few minutes the cat knocked the cup off. I thought those shipping envelopes were leakproof !! Because I also drink hot tea from that cup the water apparently absorbed some of the color, or perhaps it's from the kraft paper exterior. The stain wasn't noticeable until it dried. The fabric creases now have a very light stain which I'll have to stitch over or around now, and I really didn't intend to stitch everything on it over one, but now probably will have no choice. GRRRRRR !! Anyone know how to get a stain out of opalescent fabric?

No comments:

Photobucket