Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, June 20, 2011

RIP Air Conditioner & Father's Day - Awry

  • My A/C died at 6:46 a.m. Saturday morning. RIP (Roasting in Perpetuity). Cope vs. high weekend service surcharges,  High: 104 outside / 87 inside. I called Dad about perhaps spending part of the day there. I was told I could come over, but I had to stay quiet. What? Ok, well ... then... I'd see them Sunday.. Tried to nap through inside heat, plus LOTS of iced tea. Inside overnight low: 85
  • Father's Day Sunday  - Dad called early to advise they were not accepting visitors. Mother was unable to even get out of bed due to a very bad reaction to Bactrin, which, had the doctor bothered to look at her chart for her condition and other meds she takes, he should NEVER have prescribed it to start with! My daughter called at 2 to say if I got too hot I could come visit them for the day, but  her DH's children were coming over for dinner and one of them plus a friend was spending the week and it .... I got the distinct impression she was making an offer but hoping I wouldn't take her up on it.  I told her I appreciated the offer but would go to parents if I got too hot. NOT, of course. High: 102 outside / 90 inside. More ice tea and a long cool bath..By 7:30 I'd had enough went somewhere cool to eat (the first place I stopped THEIR A/C wasn't working!)  Then I was off to Wal-Mart for mostly a long walk-about in another cool location - only THEIR A/C wasn't working well either. When I got home, I opened as many windows as possible, it feeling slightly cooler out than in..I did buy a sorely needed but inexpensive vacuum cleaner so this time I can vacuum rather than sweep the hall before the A/C guys arrive - hopefully, later this morning. They were already out once to top off freon about 3 weeks ago.  I honestly don't know what I'll do if I'm told my only option is replace everything.

Added to Links Page:  Kreuzstich Kreativ - in German but easy to figure out with a variety of small chart motiv freebies. Also other new entries on my Links Page.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh dear, that sure sounds like an awful weekend. I hope the a/c will be fixed easily, and that everyone will be happy and on the mend soon.

Photobucket