Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sad News Again / Freebie Halloween Charts to my LNS

My son-in-law's mother, who visited here with his sister in July, passed away late this morning. When the weather cooperates, she'll be buried in Maryland. Since the location is rural and the cost of Flying is out of the question, they'll drive. My job will be to spend varying odd hours for a week or more at DD's house by drive over and back 2 or 3 times a day to babysit her cat and 4 big rambunctious dogs.

I'd emailed Kathy at Stitch Niche asking if she'd be interested. "Absolutely!" I made up a suitable one-page chart format for each then took both "Hanging 30" and the "Halloween Biscornu" charts to my LNS owner who will copy then hand them out to interested customers as freebies starting next week. Kathy has encouraged me for several years to go professional and will buy some for her shop, and I've spent quite a bit of time looking into that. But the start up costs for new equipment and packaging vs the tiny amount of profit per sale were just too discouraging.  And I've yet to come up with a logo for Bits of Floss, though I can vaguely see something in my mind - more or less - it looks like a small pile of colorful orts, but so far I just haven't been able to convert that from synapses to digital form.

3 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Congratulations! It's a start, and you'll get there, I'm sure. Dream big!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Stop making excuses and go for it! Bronny's stitched your surf-witch so there's a cover photo already.
If you need a logo find a graphic design student and get them to do one as work experience.
Good Luck for when (not "if") you go professional.

cucki said...

congratulations my dear friend..xx

Photobucket