Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Monday, July 9, 2012

RIP Sweet Little Smidge

RIP sweet little Smidge 7-8-12

I have had an emotionally intense weekend after finding a 7 or 8 week old feral kitten laying under my bedroom window late Friday. I did post about him on FB and the 123MB, and you can read a bit more about him under his photo on Webshots. But I am so emotionally drained by the loss and experience I no longer want to go into details other than say I tried my best, I so hope that what I did didn't make him worse rather than better, that he died while being held by someone who truly cared for and already loved him dearly, and that others who found out about him cared very much as well. Smidge did not die frightened, alone and anonymous. He was beloved, and he has a forever name.

RIP, dear swet little Smidge. I will miss you.

5 comments:

Birdie said...

Thank you for being with him. As you said he did not die alone and for that what a blessing.

You did not turn your back or give up on him. You answered a call and gave love and respect to a helpless soul.

hugs
-missy-

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

So sweet - I am sorry for your loss - my heart goes out to you -

Anonymous said...

Bless you, Linda. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you from across the miles. Abbie

Vickie said...

Linda you did well. Take care.♥

Gerard W said...

Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this

Photobucket